Sr. Ceramic Process Engineer – Manufacturing
West Lafayette, IN – Posted: 04/08/2021
Position: Sr. Ceramic Process Engineer – Manufacturing
My client is a leading manufacturer of parts used in the heating industry. They are looking for a for a talented and energetic process engineer to join our team. The position requires a hands-on engineer that will focus on advanced non-oxide ceramic process and product development. You can expect to work on all phases of development to include research, process, and product development. You will then implement your work into R&D demonstrations, scaleup and full-scale manufacturing.
- Apply engineering principles to enable manufacturing (and/or research and development) of parts, including fabrication methods and associated processes.
- Interface with suppliers regarding technical issues concerning raw materials, parts fabrication, new materials/processes, and/or review of manufacturing plans.
- Material characterization and process development, including selection of materials and processes for parts and products
- Participate in non-conformance disposition and corrective action processes
- Author material and process specifications
- Executes and/or supports commercial and manufacturing requests.
- Manages and documents projects and tasks effectively.
- Demonstrates open and collaborative approach in all areas of responsibility.
- Conducts hands-on experimental and process development work.
- Demonstrated fundamental knowledge of ceramic materials and processing with the ability to identify and develop new material systems and processes.
- Experience in slurry development, slip casting, tape casting, screen printing, extrusion, dry pressing and furnace operation.
- Demonstrated ability to transfer new ideas from R&D into pilot production and full production scale up.
- Project management skills, team collaboration, and oral and written communication skills are required.
- Knowledge of basic statistical methods such as the design of experiments and statistical process control
- Experience with material characterization techniques.
- Experience creating and revising material and process specifications, technical reports, and test plans.
- Ability to work with colleagues at all levels of organization.
- Respectful communication and ability to collaborate in a team environment required.
- Ability to network within and outside of R&D group.
- MUST Live or be able to relocate to Northern Indiana
- BS or MS Degree Materials Science and Engineering, Ceramic Engineering or other relevant engineering degree required.
- 5-10 years’ experience with ceramic processing.
- Specific experience with silicon carbide and silicon nitride materials is preferred.