Field Service Engineer – Hospital Equipment
Greenville, SC – Posted: 04/08/2021
Job Title: Field Service Engineer – Hospital Equipment
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES but not limited to:
- Schedule and perform the installation, operation, planned maintenance, repair, and modification of Company’s HOSPITAL equipment within assigned territory.
- Performs preventive maintenance and documents performance and maintenance records on HOSPITAL equipment.
- Provide support to customers related to emergency service.
- Respond to customer requests for emergency service.
- Determines cause(s), troubleshoots, and takes corrective action.
- Home office (10%) and hospital/surgery center environments (90%)
- This position requires on-call responsibilities including weekend call coverage on a rotating basis.
- Required: High School diploma
- 5+ years’ experience in customer support/customer relations/technical support or associate degree with 3+ years related work experience
- Required: Minimum of two (2) years customer service experience preferably in repair or maintenance of some type of equipment used by customers
- Experience working in a field service environment
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a Field Service environment preferably in the electronics or medical device industry, OR minimum of three (3) years’ experience as a Biomedical Engineer in a hospital environment.
- Knowledge of inventory management practices to maintain and account for parts inventory.
- Basic understanding of business practices, processes, and associated costs of managing primary territory.
- Frequent air travel - 50% of the time
- Must be willing and able to travel overnight locally, regionally, and nationally as needed
- Take weekend call periodically