ASP Field Service Engineer 1
Ann Arbor, MI – Posted: 01/03/2022
Job Title: ASP Field Service Engineer 1
Candidates can live in either Ann Arbor, MI or Totelo, OH
- Field Service Engineer – provides service repairs, preventative maintenance and technical support for customers
- Field based, location varies.
At Fortive, we believe in you. We believe in your potential — your ability to learn, grow, and contribute in meaningful ways. We believe in the power of great people working together to innovate and solve problems no one could solve alone. We build enduring partnerships with our customers and take on their challenges and opportunities as our own.
Under remote supervision, Advanced Sterilization Products’ Field Service Engineer I is responsible for providing customer service solutions related to installation and validation of new ASP systems, planned and corrective maintenance of installed ASP systems, improving system utilization of installed systems, and supporting lifecycle management activities in assigned accounts for all products distributed or supported by Advanced Sterilization Products, Inc. Field Service Engineer I will report to the Regional Service Manager for their region and report up through the Technical Service Line Department.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Partner with sales and clinical education field team to deliver customer-focused high value business solutions that drive customer loyalty and sustain ASP’s installed base. Work as a part of a cross-functional work group.
- Manage all responsibilities of primary territory, including compliance and documentation requirements.
- Schedule and perform the installation, operation, planned maintenance, repair, and modification of ASP systems within assigned territory.
- Performs preventive maintenance and documents performance and maintenance records on equipment.
- Work with leadership and customers and scheduling personnel to schedule all aspects of technical / service work required to support all products supported and serviced by Advanced Sterilization Products technical service business division.
- Provide support to customers related to emergency service. Respond to customer requests for emergency service.
- Determines cause(s), troubleshoots and takes corrective action.
- Complete all assigned training and documentation requirements within assigned dates.
- May advise and assist in affecting design changes to improve equipment efficiency, quality and/or reduce cost of operation.
- Devises project plans for the installation-planning phase of new equipment
- Manage customer expectations on a regular basis before & after various interaction to ensure customer satisfaction
- Complete all activities within the Service Management System (Siebel) through daily updates and documentation
- Complete all processing of RMA returns to support individual usage of supporting parts and equipment
- Manage personal “trunk” inventory and complete required audits to support thereof
- Provides guidance to Customers to include hospital Biomedical engineers along with Field Service Technicians and/or Representatives and assists when customer satisfaction issues arise.
- Provide feedback/suggestions for design improvement opportunity.
- Beta site support/installation
- Performs other duties assigned as needed
- Able to lift 80 lbs. to a height of four (4) feet
- Operate company vehicles
- Sitting/driving for long periods of time
- Frequent airline travel
- Excessive standing, bending and stooping.
- Home office (10%) and hospital/surgery center environments (90%)
- Adheres to customer protective, safety, and security protocols
- This position requires on-call responsibilities including weekend call coverage on a rotating basis.
Here’s what we’ll need from you:
EDUCATION / DEGREE REQUIRED:
- High School diploma with 5+ years experience in customer support/customer relations/technical support or Associates’ Degree with 3+ years related work experience
- Minimum of two (2) years customer service experience
- Four (4) year degree in electronics, technology, computer science, electrical engineering or other related major
- Four (4) years work experience in a related field (Medical Device)
- Experience working in a field service environment
- Microsoft A+ certification or equivalent computer hardware certification
- MCP certification or equivalent
KEY SKILL / KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS:
- SKILL SETS:
- Demonstrate excellence in providing customer service.
- Highly motivated to achieve top level customer satisfaction in all accounts.
- Ability to perform successfully in a matrix/team environment utilizing excellent verbal and written communication, time management and teamwork skills
- COMPUTER SKILLS:
- Experience using office based and customized computer programs/applications for territory management and administrative activities.
- Basic knowledge of office-based computer programs such as Word, Excel and Access, and their application in administrative activities.
- Knowledge of service management systems
- JOB EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of three (3) years experience in a Field Service environment preferably in the electronics or medical device industry, OR minimum of three (3) years experience as a Biomedical Engineer in a hospital environment.
- Knowledge of inventory management practices in order to maintain and account for parts inventory.
- Basic understanding of business practices, processes and associated costs of managing primary territory.
- TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be willing and able to travel overnight locally, regionally and nationally as needed
Fortive is a global family of more than 20 industry-leading industrial growth and technology companies, united by a shared purpose: to make the world stronger, safer, and more effective by providing essential technology for the people who accelerate progress. Here, you get the excitement of a “startup” with the stability and predictability of an organization strongly grounded in its roots and with a proven track record of growth. There’s no limit to what you can learn, or the impact you can make: for you, for us, for growth.
We’re currently building our team of leaders for our Advanced Sterilization Products organization. Be part of an industry-leading company in healthcare-associated infections (HAIs) prevention technology, dedicated to creating the safest possible environments for patients and their families, healthcare workers, providers, and communities. Add your voice and talents to our extraordinary team and help us in our mission to make healthcare safer for everyone.